Some waters are about to close to fishing
On Sunday 29 May the fishing season at many inland waters come to the end for the 2021-22 season.
Waters managed for rainbow trout that will close are:
- Dee Lagoon
- Junction Lake
- Lake Meston
- Lake Rowallan
- Lake Skinner
- Lake Youd
- Mersey River above Lake Rowallan
- River Leven upstream of Loongana Road
- Weld rivers (both North and South)
It will be the end of the third year of the river season extension trial, and the following waters will close:
- Brumbys Creek - downstream from Weir 1 to the Macquarie River (Note: the day use facilities are currently closed).
- Macquarie River - downstream from the junction with Brumbys Creek to the South Esk River.
- Meander River - downstream from Strath Bridge (on the C735) to the South Esk River
- South Esk River - downstream from the bridge on Storys Creek Road at Avoca to Beams Hollow upstream of Lake Trevallyn, delineated by a straight line between grid reference 506358E 5406426N and 506467E 5406414N.
Lakes Mackintosh and Rosebery will also close.
But it is not the end of fishing for the 2021-22 season! There are many waters open all year. You can find the full list on our website.